In 2002, Spears made her first acting debut on Crossroads which starred her sister who played Lucy Wagner. Spears made a cameo, playing the younger version of Britney's character. Following Crossroads, Nickelodeon cast Spears as a regular performer in the eight season of the comedy series All That. Spears performance received positive reviews with critics. Spears did not return for the tenth and final season in order to pursue other roles on different networks.
In August 2004, Spears signed a development deal with Nickelodeon in which star as a protagonist in her own scripted television show that will air on the network. The series was title Zoey 101 and Spears portrayed the role Zoey Brooks. This series is about Zoey and her friends who attends to a fictional boarding school Pacific Coast Academy (PCA). Spears recorded a theme song called "Follow Me" which was written by Britney. This series was filmed at Pepperdine University in Malibu, California and it was premiered on January 9, 2005. It was the network's highest rated series premiere in over eight years.
- Main article: Jamie Lynn & Jamie's Wedding
- Jamie Lynn was named after her parents, Lynne & Jamie.
- Jamie Lynn's English-American & Maltese-American on Lynne's side and Scottish-American, Irish-American, French-American & Welsh-American on Jamie's side.
- Jamie Lynn was 11 when Lynne & Jamie got divorced.
- Jamie Lynn was 16 when she & Casey got engaged.
- Jamie Lynn was 17 when she gave birth to Maddie.
- Jamie Lynn was 18 when she & Casey split.
- Jamie Lynn was 19 when she & Casey reconciled, when she & Casey split for good and when Lynne & Jamie reconciled.
- Jamie Lynn was 22 when she married Jamie.
- Jamie Lynn was 27 when she gave birth to Ivey.